Sunday, December 25, 2011

Feasts and eggs

The Christmas feast continues as I burn through bacon carbonara for lunch and other various goodies throughout the day. I can say the same for various others that upload their plans of the day which involves church activities, tourist spots and more food. To some people it is just another day, while to others it is one of their highlights of the year. It is actually kinda fun to go through my Facebook wall reading and commenting since I dare say the activity level is at least double any other Sunday. The Christmas fireworks still going on outside my house and I think it may very well continue into the midnight. The New Year is just less than a week away so might as well follow through I guess?

I find myself more and more complacent as I settle into the peaceful lifestyle of Ipoh. Less desire, less expectation, less stress, less rush and less worries. Perhaps less bandwidth plays a huge factor to all this as well. Yes I only have limited internet because usually it is only my parents using it for occasional surfing. Most of the time I spend catching up with my family. The only exciting event that happened today would be my hair cut. As usual my mum will comb my hair straight before asking me again how long she is supposed to cut. After getting the confirmation, she snips away while engaging me in a conversation. Less than 15 minutes later it is done and after a brief look in the mirror, time to wash my hair and continue my life. Now it is safely at shoulder length and looks like a rabbit's tail when tied.

I find that I have started being forgetful lately as I could not recall what I want to say even while conversing with my family. And now, I almost forget to mention that I actually consumed a raw egg this morning. It was disgusting as expected but it wasn't really puke inducing. Best of all, my stomach actually survived the ordeal and I am feeling great now. If any of you are attempting to do this as well, I must insist that you choose the quality of egg properly. I invested in those Korean eggs which cost almost RM1 each and I think my health and safety is worth that much. I don't think this will be a routine of mine in the future but I do need to finish up the rest of the eggs. I think that cooking the eggs would be a waste though. More raw protein goodness tomorrow then.

Yesterday I caught a glimpse of Korean videos of idols performing songs in English while browsing through my Facebook wall. Most probably I will be downloading the HD version to keep when I am back in KL. I am lucky enough to have some friends that support my rather naive feelings and didn't tease me about it. At least they didn't do it up front and maybe they are just faking the encouragement but well why doubt friends? I will just take their goodwill on face value and feel good about it. Tomorrow perhaps I will go for some exercise to burn at least a wee bit of what I have eaten this past few days. I think I have regained what I tried to lose 2 weeks ago in 3 days. I seriously hope I can whip my body into shape by May. That is exactly one year of me starting to exercise routinely. Mind this, I have never entered a gym.

I seriously cannot find a lot of material to blog about being in Ipoh. There is less angst from me and less travelling since I can have all that I need to survive just by being at home. Everything is so comfortable here. TV has been rather interesting due to the numerous Christmas shows and well I dare say my family is already plenty entertainment. Anyway I think most of you would be busy with your activities so I won't make this long. Take care and enjoy the holiday. It is still not too late to create memories with your loved ones. It is never too late as long as everyone is still alive. Go for it.

No comments: