Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Appearances and me

I actually feel very tired now but I do not understand why. Nevertheless, being sleepy at the correct time is always welcomed. Hopefully I will be able to rest well and be more prepared for tomorrow and the rest of the week. The post will be short and hopefully more focused today. The day went about normally except for the fact that today is a holiday in Malaysia. The following incident happened during dinnertime when I am walking towards a chicken rice restaurant. Along the road, I will pass by a pub and a girl came walking out. Obviously I would stare a while trying to have a clearer look as it was quite dark. She glanced back, I could barely make out her features but I noticed her moving quicker. She glanced again shortly after while my gaze was still fixated on her. I think she was frightened. Do I really look like I will harm her?

I know some people who will have a field day highlighting my facial and physical features after hearing about this. It was pretty funny to me too. Being intimidating is not without its merits but usually it hurts when you are trying to make friends or at least a good impression. I do agree my poker face is pretty severe and usually my personality will shock people who barely know me due to the extreme difference. I guess I really should spend some time on the mirror and see how I really look like when I do some facial expressions. Need to make sure I lock the door properly though. People have been making fun of my looks one way or the other since as long as I could remember. Though thankfully, due to my stature, I was never bullied or at least they think it was too much work.

I just finished watching a Korean show on Astro called Vitamin earlier and as the name suggests, it is a health show starring Korean idols as guests. I need to make sure to catch the show next week as well. Each time the guests will differ based on the theme of the episode. Previously they invited actors, singers and comedians for the alcoholism episode. It revealed that stopping alcohol consumption completely for 6 months with healthy exercise lets you regain more than 60-70% of your liver health. A female idol was chosen as the worst drinker surprisingly. Today they talked about diets which is a very relevant topic to me. I plan to find and download the episode. But the most surprising thing I learnt is that even a Korean male idol with ripped abs and crazy arms have as much as 16% body fat. I always thought they will be at the lower 10s. As I watched the show, I can't help but think how much my percentage will be? 25?

Apparently my 'diet' is not really a diet since it is so different from what the show reveals. I still eat rice for example. Even though it is lowered to only 1 bowl per meal, it is still a huge factor. Previously I could down around 3 bowls easily. But how do I kick it up a notch? I do not have the financial capability to go about buying cooking utensils or quality food. Another thing that surprised me was that a person can lose 40kg and gain a lot of muscle in as little as 2.5 months with the proper gym training. Well, shortcuts exist for those that could afford it but I think I am already better than those who goes to gym but did not improve. Anyway, them being entertainers, I think they would have better access to those facilities than the common man. Perhaps they might even have more time for it depending on the circumstances.

Before I end, I wish to talk about another show I watched earlier. Yes it is Korean. But the scene it depicted is quite similar to what I did during university. I doubt any of those involved will be reading this so might as well go full throttle. Simply put, a girl I care about was sad and the guy who was chasing after her is also very concerned. So I get the weird idea that me and him take turns to 'accompany' her via any means necessary. We stayed up all night, with 1 hour shifts. I got bored of sleeping 1 hour shifts so I went up to him and have a chat. Many things were spilled. Sadly, both of them are not together now. Truthfully, I was interested in the girl at one point. Now? She is attached and I prefer it that way. Many things happened since then and we change, if you get what I mean. Surprisingly I managed to come up with full post content again. Take care and enjoy Tuesday!!!

No comments: