Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012 aftermath

I guess sooner or later we will end up here. Today something very annoying happened and in order to forget about it, I will concentrate on the topic. Well this is not so much on how it affected me but it is just a gathering of my thoughts on it. First of all, single people that are going through this gets a hard reminder on the fact that they are still single and time is ticking. Couples get a reminder to show appreciation and cherish each other. So depending on how you look at it, I can only say it is for the best. Being sad or depressed about it, is something that we can control to an extent. After all, love is something not even the smartest person alive can possible comprehend. And it is definitely not something we can control. Else, there would already be a guidebook that works. For your information, I have never actually read such books before. All my information are gleaned from newspapers, magazines, movies, dramas and even anime.

Well, that just reveals any words of advice about relationships from me is not based on anything solid. So far I can only make logical deductions about it and everyone knows that it is impossible to even consider love can be rational. Being the 'sensitive' person that I am, I can immerse myself in a situation and come up with at least a general response though. Nowadays my 'skill' is rather dull because I am not allowed to be 'sensitive' and there is nobody for me to 'feel'. Once it reached such a level that I can practically come up with a 50% success rate of guessing what someone is thinking. Nowadays I get my fix from watching dramas and listening to songs while paying extra attention to the lyrics and underlying meaning. Gives me a good emotional workout but I tend to get too absorbed and end up being emotional too. I think a lot of my friends in Facebook will start to get tired of me posting my status updates soon.

Valentine's Day is not so sweet for everyone. A lot still needs to work, some even have a bad day. And yet they still carry on. A friend actually had to call his girlfriend to cancel a dinner date due to an emergency case. He knew she will be sad, but it has to be done and he has to come clean. In the end? Instead of the girl throwing a tantrum, she resolved not to let things go to waste and took things into her own hands. She cooked up a feast, put it into multiple containers and rode her scooter to visit her boyfriend still hard at work. When she arrived, he was so shocked he was speechless. He was happy at first but broke out in tears of regret as he could not even fulfil his promise to his beloved. You can say this is strategy from the female side but I choose to make things simple and simply view this gesture as pure and sweet. In the end, they took a nice picture sharing the meal and posted into Facebook. Everyone wished them well.

After listening to such a heart-warming story, I can't help but to think there is still hope for love. Not all relationships are materialistic. Not all girls are demanding and controlling. Not all guys are insensitive pricks with all the wrong priorities. However, with such obvious weaknesses, they still somehow manage to get together and make it work. I might feel pressured due to my biological clock but it is not that late yet. Mostly it is simply peer pressure. But I am sure my parents are worried about it too. How would she be like I wonder? For someone as picky as me, even I myself can't help but to laugh when I think about it. I wrote this post while listening to Korean songs about the hardships of goodbye, the joys of love and the misery of breaking up. It is amazing the amount of effort they put into the songs. And it is only fitting that they end up being on top of the charts. Due to the realistic lyrics, many people who understand can relate. Anyway, tomorrow is Friday so take care and enjoy!!!

No comments: