Friday, February 10, 2012

Natural and me

I am a strong supporter for anything that is natural or not artificial. Well I wouldn't say going to the gym is artificial but I think purposely pumping iron doesn't feel like something 'natural'. The reason I suddenly thought of this is because it has been a recent topic of discussion with people in my social circle. A lot of them suggests that I should frequent a gym if I am really serious about building up my body. However, as a stubborn person, I refuse and prefer to find my own way. Just like so many other things that happened before, I am obsessed with proving the common thinking wrong. I just couldn't accept it when people say simply exercising in the park or doing sports is not enough. Even though results took a long time, but it is definitely showing. Hopefully by the end of this month, I can take a nice picture of my body. However, I support the notion about a change in diet. I think that is an unchangeable fact even if you do frequent the gym.

I also prefer people who are 'natural' or comfortable around me. I mean why take the long way and pretend to accept me or to be nice when deep down you hate my guts? It will just be unpleasant for the both of us. I think everyone also hope to be natural around people. It is kinda tiring to put up an act or to behave differently like you used to. But sometimes it just happens 'naturally'. For example, today during lunchtime I happen to share the lift with an attractive lady. As if on instinct, I did suck in my stomach and try to just look polite and proper. I guess since it only happens in front of someone attractive you can say it was to look good. Well you never know what will happen in the future right? Anyway I am not much of a show-off so it wasn't that bad. To people who act differently in order to accommodate me, I apologize for the trouble but please, you cannot do it forever so I leave the final decision to you.

Speaking of attraction, I also like girls who look 'natural'. I know make-up is an important component of a female's arsenal but some can really apply it without commoners like me noticing it. Please do not go overboard with the eye-liner, powder or whatever else you apply on your face. Some of them look so horrible with it, I was rendered speechless. True skills is when you can spot your own flaws and use the correct item to conceal it or to enhance your raw beauty. I know a girl who can look between the girl next door and a superstar simply by applying powder and lip balm. I do enjoy looking at Korean idols with their make up off. Some of them have pimples and it just shows that they are still people like the rest of us but with a different destiny. I think that makes me more attracted to them. They don't seem so distant and impossible though the reality is rather cruel I think.

Since we touched on Korean idols, I think inevitably we will end up at the plastic surgery discussion. Of course I would like to think that most of them didn't go under the knife. But if they did, I will feel a bit disappointed but I won't hate them. There are always rumours about them getting their eyelids or lips or even eyebrows modified. The only thing that will seriously disgust me would be breast implants. I was never a fan of size but more towards proportion and the entire package. Well it is their body. I don't think I will have my ears pierced or any other body modification though. Not even tattoos. At least not at this moment. Some of you might even remember a post from quite some time ago where I argued about tattoos with a colleague. To me, that is body modification to an extent.

Lastly, I guess nowadays I like to leave things to fate or whatever it is you want to call it. Career, friends, and even love will come naturally. There is only so much a person can do to control it. A lot of the decisive factor is held by the people around you and the circumstances that surround you. No point getting obsessed over something that is unpredictable. No risk, no gain some may argue but most probably I am not ready to take the risk. Nobody can predict your career future. Perhaps I can jump now and end up in the best company ever. Or the perfect nightmare. I can't control the kind of people that walk into my life so how do I control the 'friends' aspect? Since 'friends' is already so hard, 'love' would be harder. The chance encounter with the single person among everyone that will love you as much as you love back. Though there is a song that said guys should love the girl more? I don't mind. Take care and enjoy Saturday!!!

No comments: