Thursday, February 2, 2012

Negativity and me

In the end I wasted 1 hour of free time watching a variety show instead of doing my chores or finishing up on this blog post earlier. Anyway I will sleep early tonight so this post will be a short one. I have to sleep earlier because I think I am getting more sleep deprived and my body needs the recovery period. Honestly, I did not move much at all compared with other rest days. Well it was partially due to the rain which kept me indoors but my whole body is aching. I think it is a good kind of ache considering it spreads even to places I didn't expect it to be. This also reveals the places where I need to work on next. My legs and arms generally recover quickly due to the frequent exercise but my thighs and my torso sides still feels stiff and painful. Well I seldom do squats, lunges, or twists usually. Perhaps it is about time I include them in a schedule.

About negativity, it is already a common thing for me to be labelled as pessimistic. I tend to be the devil's advocate in many things because most of the time I think looking at positivity will not help much. Nothing in this world is created perfect I think. So when an idea, opinion or solution comes out, it is not beneficial to keep on thinking how great it is but try to discover all weaknesses to make it even better. However, such thinking is not shared by everyone and perhaps it is even scorned. Furthermore, I am not the kind that likes to find fault with people. If the idea is solid, there should not be any weak points that I can stab at easily. And I believe I am reasonable and mature enough to accept a good point when I see or hear it. I am just feeling rather down being scrutinized just because of this.

Some people might argue that we cannot make things perfect either because perfection does not exist. I do agree, but that does not mean we do not do our best to improve as much as possible. We cannot simply think it will work out perfectly. Especially when it is a decision that may affect others not included during a discussion or meeting. Being careful never hurt anyone before. We may miss the bus, but we will not trip trying to catch the bus. This may sound like the words of a coward but I have too much to lose and thus can not afford to be reckless in many things. And just because we may not agree on something, does not mean I should be punished for it even though you have the capacity for it. Just stop asking me for opinions then. I feel better now and I wish none of you will face such a predicament. Do take care and enjoy Friday!!!!

No comments: