Friday, February 17, 2012

Limits and me

Took me a while to come up with the title. I will try to keep it short because I am very tired and sleepy now. First of all, I am aware that there are limits which are never meant to be broken. But, not all limits are like that. We should never close our eyes and stop questioning. What I hate the most are limits imposed by others either consciously or unconsciously. Just because you cannot do it, or as far as your knowledge extends there are no one who did it before, doesn't mean someone in the future cannot do it. Even so, why can't you just keep it to yourself and choose to humiliate yourself like that? At the very least, question the topic before making such a quick judgement by yourself. How many of you readers enjoy breaking the stereotypes deployed by the general public? Of course I meant it in a good way. Being competitive in negative activity is not useful at all.

It is not the first time and definitely not the last time that people laugh when I say I won't go to the gym to get a 6-pack body. Their opinions aside, they should look at the mirror themselves. At least I am exercising. Anyway as I mentioned, some people like to proof people wrong or at least enjoy the concept. That is why rich uncles like to dress down I guess. It only shows how shallow our society is to judge so quickly. I am not saying I am exempted but I try to keep an open mind at all times. I also like to break the limits imposed by others. For now, I am concentrating on building up my body. This is why I said that my motivations are more towards negative emotions rather than positive ones. I think I have always been like that. Why do males have to keep short, boring hair? Why can't I do it this way? You can call it ego or demand for attention but try not to judge me so quickly either.

Thanks to the concept of limits and individuals that share some of my thoughts in this topic, we have people breaking world records in sports and achieving greater heights in their fields. This is not something limited to males only as I am sure some girls want to show the world they are not the cute mushy creatures that we think they are. Reality becomes much more interesting and interpersonal relationships take on a whole new dimension. Imagine a world where everyone just accepts the limits and stop questioning. How dull would things be? Maybe this has something to do with confidence. Even if everyone tells you it is impossible, but you believe in yourself and continue onwards to achieve the target. This is not something that everyone can do even though by all means they should. At least give it a serious thought or a try because there are things that will be forever lost once you miss it.

In love, I was limited by own insecurity and peer pressure that I wasn't good enough. Honestly, I have never heard those words from the girls that I tried to chase. I think most of us wish that we knew what we know now 10 years earlier. Living experience can only be obtained by living your life. If only I had such a reckless attitude in the past. Or a huge ego. The reason why I could run so far and so fast almost daily is because I assume people will be thinking I won't last 5 rounds. I should have gotten the girl when people said 'this fatso don't stand a chance'. No harm trying right? Who knows what will actually happen? Now I am aiming so much higher already. It is always good to have a target, objective or to make it dramatic, a purpose. And my purpose is to make non-believers eat their words and watch me do it. Even if I fail, I don't think there is anything to regret. Regret is another topic for another day. Take care and enjoy Saturday!!!

No comments: