Saturday, February 4, 2012

Rain and me

Again I need to make this post short due to me being distracted by my housemate and ended up arriving home around 1am. Well I went out voluntarily knowing what they were up to but it seems kinda boring to just sit in my room even though there is plenty of entertainment. The rest of the day went about peacefully. As expected, my morning in the office is spent drafting an e-mail discussing the meeting the day before. I think it is a priority to voice out all my concerns soonest possible because most of the highlights in the meeting need to be implemented by the end of this short month. We can never be too careful in this things. The rest of the time was spent doing what I do best, surfing. Anyway, later on I managed to deliver something solid so my day was fruitful after all. However, in the evening, it rained.

I have nothing against the rain. It is true that it stopped me from going for a run today but I have exercised in the rain before. However, rain does increase the danger level of riding a motorcycle on the roads of KL. Thankfully, nothing has happened so far. If it rains while I am at home or in my room then I do not really mind. The cool air is always welcomed. Even if it extends till dinnertime I think I can just grab an umbrella and venture forth. Thunder and lightning is another issue altogether. But usually I feel peaceful or perhaps I even enjoy the rain. It is always nice to just gaze out into the rain and see it trickle and wave as the wind blows. If it gets really cold, it is a valid reason to get yourself a hot chocolate and enjoy the TV. Or just open some music and lie around on the bed until you doze off. Such a carefree life seems so ideal to some.

Sometimes I take things further. I do not mind being in the rain as long as I am heading back home. If I am heading out though, it will be embarrassing to be soaked and it might even cause a bout of flu. Somehow being soaked in the rain gives me a sense of freedom and peace. Perhaps it is my own ego or it truly has some kind of a psychological effect. Is it related to how people meditate under a waterfall? When I walk in the rain, I feel a higher sense of self and somehow my thoughts seem to gather around. I have never lie down in the rain before if you are wondering. I did sit in the rain a few times before I think. Perhaps I am peculiar this way but I am sure some people do enjoy being in the rain as well. Most probably for different reasons though.

Some people totally hate the rain though. I prefer to be cold and wet than hot and sweaty anytime. Tomorrow marks the beginning of another holiday as it is a long weekend and I will spend my time in KL. I am much too lazy to pack up and ride a train back home barely a week after my CNY holidays. Here at least I have a bit more freedom and more 'alone' time. Maybe I am too accustomed to doing things my way by myself that sometimes it seems inconvenient at home. At home I feel a responsibility to spend time with my family since I think that is my primary reason of going back. And my eating habits plus a whole lot of things need to be different. I think I changed a lot in that aspect. But I will take care of my parents. Hopefully nothing will ever change that. That's it from me, take care and enjoy Saturday!!!

No comments: