Sunday, February 12, 2012

Partners and me

Time for another early post. I couldn't believe that I actually fell asleep so quickly that I do not even remember listening to the entire 3 minute song I put up. I knew something was off as I woke up this morning feeling much more groggy than usual but I just chalk that up as the effects of dieting. Nowadays, I am skipping supper even though I might go to sleep hungry. I thought I would wake up once I ate breakfast. It did improve slightly but after that I engaged in exercise and I think the rush must have overwritten the drowsiness. Anyway back to the topic, I guess it is unavoidable that we will be exposed to Valentine's Day material everywhere. Articles were all over the paper today. Therefore, starting today until Tuesday I will blog about my opinions on relationships and the day itself. I promise it will be something new.

First of all, according to an article in a newspaper, girls nowadays do not appreciate the boys getting them flowers, chocolates or cakes anymore. I doubt they would even be satisfied with a restaurant dinner. The task is upon us males to make the day special and unique for as long as the union continues. But, in the more mature relationships I see, all hope is not lost for us guys. I have seen a lot of pictures and status updates in Facebook and some of them actually states that the girl gave the boy a present. I think that is wonderful and that should be the way. Valentine's Day is not simply 'cherish the female' day. It is to cherish the relationship. The female could show her affection and gratitude as well. It would be a very pleasant surprise for the male and he would be much more willing to put effort into making you happy as well. Most importantly though, do not be calculative.

As I wandered along the shopping mall earlier, I managed to sight quite a few beauties walking around. But I am never a believer of love at first sight. What about you readers? This discussion is actually worth an entire post itself but I will try to keep it short. I think that those that do get attracted is due to a certain event going on. For example, the girl might be smiling as she interacts with a baby or a kid. Or, she might be the jewel in the rough as she goes about as a waitress? It depends on what you personally value I guess. So far, of both girls that I have fallen for in the past, I have known them for quite a bit. There were no feelings at all in the beginning. I don't think we argued but we never really got close either. It is ironic though that I suddenly found myself falling for them after witnessing a certain event that they are a part of. Does that count?

Speaking of personal values, I think they change as time passes by. When we were young, I think there wasn't much thought about how suitable a person is except for the feeling and looks. She looks okay, you feel good about her, talking to her is very comfortable and fun, and that is already a prime candidate. Nowadays, I think we look for more or perhaps more specific. At least for me, I find myself attracted to independent women but mostly those that are capable of doing chores. I am not asking for a maid as a wife but I would have more respect for you, if you are not a spoilt princess. I am looking for someone to take care of me just as much as I am looking for someone to care for. It helps also if she is good with kids and is very polite and kind. I hope my children will grow up in a loving environment and keep my temper in check. What about females? What do they seek? Health? Wealth? Status? Personality? Principles? I cannot promise wealth and status, but I can promise I will try my best with the rest.

Looks like it didn't take as long as I thought it would. Most probably because I am very keen on the topic. I do hope I can spread the messages found in this post around but I guess it would only be limited to the few loyal readers that I have. I was contemplating joining a blogging community but then I will have to put up with their standards. I know that I can ignore negative comments and I can just quit the community when I feel like it but is it worth the trouble? I hope I have managed to provide some food for thought and I guess that is it for now. Hopefully I will find more materials to write about tomorrow. Take care and do try to enjoy Monday!!!

No comments: