Monday, February 27, 2012

Health and me pt2

I am getting more and more visitors from random countries due to the weird linking phenomena. Though I wish I can get more readers not for the money but just to know more people. As you can see, I have no ads in my blog. I will never subject readers to things they do not like. Such as random songs that play automatically spoiling my playlist or blinking ads that are distracting or not proper. Or forcing visitors to gaze at my picture the first thing they load. Today I am pretty much wasted as I attempted to match my usual routine with my new diet. I thought due to the 'forced' early retirement last Friday my body would have recovered enough to engage in a run today. I was wrong and I couldn't even do the cooldown lap. I was overheating and left gasping for air. I do not know if the run actually made things worst for my body or not but I most probably will rest tomorrow. I was left wondering how much I used to eat and how much I am actually lacking now.

This post will be focusing on health again because the previous post back in December did not really mention much about health except for my obsession. And me running in the rain. And pretty Korean idols. It was 6 paragraphs long too. Anyway I will not be matching that tonight because I want to sleep early for a change. What is the point of me talking about health if I am unhealthy in the first place? I do not claim to be very healthy at this point but I do think I am better than some? Actually the topic was meant to be about being overweight but I think that would be too specific. There was once a scandal in Korea where a group of male idols were caught 'insulting' overweight females. They were criticized harshly for their rude remarks and insensitivity but to me, they have a point. People tend to react badly when something bad that people say is correct and they feel guilty about it. So they shot back with a vengeance to cover it.

I too am guilty of this and that is why I think I am qualified to mention it. They mentioned that overweight girls are unattractive because it shows that they do not take care of their health properly. It is correct to say they should be more polite with their words but healthy people are usually not overweight right? I know some people gain weight easier than the rest but there are no known medical conditions that make weight control impossible yet right? If you say your job does not let you to take care of your weight properly, then does that mean your health is less important? If you do not take care of yourself, does that mean I should take care of you? And how would I expect you to cover my back when I need it? Perhaps I am cruel or rude but stop lying to yourself and think about it. Do you think a sick person would stand a better chance than a healthy person with all the other aspects being equal?

It is true that love is blind and we can never predict it. But health is something we can control most of the time. Of course I am not referring to hereditary diseases. I am sure most of you have seen how heart-breaking it is when a loving couple has limited time left. When a partner hides the news about having a terminal disease not wanting the other half to be sad. How can people be so selfish sometimes? If I came to you, knowing you have 3 months left I will have no qualms about it because I love you. If I came to you, and you destroyed your health leaving me to cope with the possibility of losing you, I will never forgive you. And I will never forgive myself. No matter what the reason was, I should have been able to provide you with a choice. I should have been richer, I should have been more capable and I shouldn't have asked so much of you. But regrets are worth nothing but tears on the ground and cries in the air. It will be too late then.

I am directing this post to everyone who smokes, take drugs or is simply unhealthy. I believe all 3 of them can be fixed. I have tried extending advice but what I found was hostility and ignorance. How can I just ignore you practically committing suicide slowly in front of me? I am not asking for gratitude, I am asking that you value your life more. Some people starve themselves halfway to death to lose weight. That is avoiding the issue. Even if I am of no importance to you then think about those who are. I know some simply say that healthy people die too. And everything would be pointless all the same. Why are you increasing the odds? Just to test a theory or proof a point? What good is there to be unhealthy? Tell me one solid reason and I will stop all this. I do not like to lecture, but if you are annoyed then do not expect an apology. Similarly, I am disappointed in you too.

This was a rather emotionally charged post due to the amount of people I know that currently smokes or ignores their health. I might just die earlier than them and they will come to my grave and gloat about them living longer. But if you die earlier than me, it would be just me asking on your grave, 'Why?'. All your arguments are based on the possibility that our lives are pre-determined. Maybe because I do not have a religion. I simply cannot understand or accept such an argument. Anyway, I think I have gone on long enough. Take care and enjoy Tuesday!!

No comments: