Friday, February 24, 2012

Classes and me

First of all, let me highlight that today is the first time I experienced the carbohydrate crash phenomena. Or at least I hope it is. Else I need to find a doctor if my condition persists. A simply Google search reveals that the phenomena happens when a person who usually stocks up on carbohydrates attempt to cut down on it as part of a diet. Currently I am limiting myself to 2 bowls of white rice per day only. Sometimes I even ditch a spoonful of it by the side. I do not mean to waste, but I can't really control how much rice they serve me in restaurants. As most of you know, I can't cook at the place I am currently renting now either. Late morning snack is an egg while evening tea is an egg and an apple. After badminton on Wednesday night, I guess the carbohydrate energy stores in my body never got replenished properly. We already need them for normal daily activities so the deficiency gets severe when we exert ourselves which in my case is exercise. I can't even run a kilometre today before my stomach starts hurting and my breathing goes haywire. I am glad I listened to my body.

On another note, I attended a class organized by the upper management in my company. The speaker was pretty good as he was rather chatty and made things interesting instead of a standard lecture. I think I really did learn a thing or two there. Not everything can be found from the Internet or books. It is indeed rare when people share their real life experiences that actually resonate with our current situation or circumstances. And it is very fun when we tend to share the same opinion on similar issues. Looks like my 'gamble' this time was profitable because I am always sceptical about the contents of the classes and the lecturer's capabilities. Furthermore it is not like I do not have anything to do. A small amount of people skipped the class because they thought it was not worth it. Well I personally don't really like the idea of classes because it feels like we are going back to school. And school was rather bland for me.

But classes were almost my entire social circle when I am young. I live far from everybody and I never got my personal transport vehicle till I am in second year of university. I spend time with people in school and then I spend time with people in tuition. I enjoyed the hanging out part but have always hated the studying part. I still think Chemistry was a massive waste of time for me. And it was more of a memorization subject which was disadvantageous for me who already has no interest. Today's class was a chance for me to gain new experience with a different set of people than those that I see everyday. Sometimes you need the breath of fresh air. Helps when there are females too or generally people that share the same sense of humour as me. I get to learn more about people. I actually enjoy talking with people who actually bothers to listen or trade knowledge. I never liked being a promoter but I like being some kind of a product advisor. That is why I really enjoy working at PC Fair previously.

I still remember that I study a lot so that people will ask me questions in class. Since young I think my concept of human interaction is not normal. People might think that I am a show off with my knowledge, acting like a know-it-all. But that is the only way I could gain attention I thought. It was the only thing I know how to do. I like to treat people to sweets because I want them to be my friends. In a way, it is an innocent gesture but this is simply a trade off. Human contact is so valuable that we do a lot of things subconsciously to maintain them. Earlier I went to spend time at Tropicana City Mall and saw friends just lazing around the public seats. How I wish I could do that. Simply idling around chatting with friends while enjoying the environment. We only cherish what we do not have. That is human nature I guess. And it is also human nature that we learn, we adapt and we evolve. That's all from me, take care and enjoy Saturday!!

No comments: