Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chatting and me

I am seriously out of topics for today. Usually I complete all my chores on Saturday so I don't really go out except for meals or to take my laundry. Nothing really happens during the short trips and the rest of the day I am in my room facing the laptop or sleeping. Since I touched on having a good chat with friends, I guess why not concentrate on what is lacking from my day today. Though having a lot of outgoing friends usually throw plans and chores into chaos and sometimes we might end up regretting joining them later in the day. Well, we can't have it all and if you have the choice then by all means choose properly. I really do enjoy chatting with people and I think it is actually redirected here into this blog. Due to the nature of Internet, I am quite different here than my real life persona. Obviously, here I have no problems striking up a conversation with strangers over a common topic or event or someone both of us know.

I think that is the same for everyone. I have been relying on the Internet for most of my communication 'needs' since quite a while back. Though I still chat with friends during my school days, I always like getting to know people via online games. Because that is the only way that I can get to know people from overseas. Chatting with some of them is rather interesting though there are rude people sometime. Back then, there is no Facebook. Friendster only came into the scene after a while and even then we usually only add friends and the friends of friends. I dare say I am pretty good in games because I am willing to spend time and energy learning it and mastering it. Though usually at the expense of more important things. This is actually a bit similar with why I study a lot. If I am good in the game, people will welcome me and even ask for my assistance. I get the ego-boosting feeling that I am actually needed. Does that mean I have been an ego-maniac since form 5?

Or is this what they call a sense of belonging? Where you feel comfortable being yourself, doing what you do best without worrying about fitting in? I guess all of us are looking for something like that. I mean even in love we tend to find someone that will accept the entirety of our existence instead of just an aspect of ourselves. Anyway going back to chatting, I guess being social creatures we tend to indulge in the easiest method of communication available. Nowadays I try to stop playing online games to avoid addiction or worst, dependency. However, being the lazy person that I am, I learnt how to deal with being alone rather than go out and interact with people. But I am not much of an extrovert to begin with. Chatting with people online is not without issues. We tend to misunderstand the tone or meaning of messages and some do not reply instantly. I don't really like the feeling of being left hanging for 15 minutes.

Nothing can beat chatting with people face to face. I mean how can looking at a simple 'LOL' substitute the feeling of seeing someone laughing or reacting to your joke? Humour, honesty, sincerity, or feelings as a whole is very hard to express properly through words alone. But I still miss getting to know people in an international arena of sorts. Maybe I will join those friendship portals or something. But it is usually populated with swindlers or pranksters. I do want to know some Koreans or Japanese people because I might travel there some day. It will be cheaper and more fun having a homestay trip rather than staying at some expensive high-end hotels right? Furthermore I get a free tour guide at half the cost I reckon. Perhaps I should really consider it. My Facebook and MSN is populated with people who replies every half an hour or none at all. Things are so quiet now. It is simply fate that the people I love to chat is always busy while people that are free does not reply. Maybe they just hate me. Might as well go to sleep early. Take care and enjoy Sunday!!

No comments: