Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Secrets and me

I wasn't going to blog about this topic earlier but it seems like I have a lot of things to write about. Well it also happens that I had a conversation with a friend and also saw a related topic being highlighted in one of those Korean variety shows. I am sure most of you keep secrets right? Things that you do not want other people to know. Even things that other people do not want everyone else to know. I am referring to keeping secrets for others. We keep things from parents, friends and even partners to protect something that is more important in our own opinion. Oftentimes it is to maintain the peace within the relationship. But keeping secrets are not always easy or fun even though it might seem to be so especially when you are teasing people about it. Some people will bring secrets to their death while some will eventually talk about it. I hope I will not be too late for the people that I care the most.

Of course the people that I care the most now are my parents. I bet some of you keep secrets from your parents too. I think I wasn't too tight-lipped about everything that happens to me because sometimes I drop tell-tale hints when something is wrong. I mean people that know me will know I show my emotions rather easily even now. Usually I only keep the bad things to avoid them worrying or to avoid being lectured. Isn't that how communication with parents work? I guess it all started back from form 6, when things start to get complicated. Well it was complicated even before but it got embarrassing at the same time I guess. However some things happened so far back I don't think they are worth talking about now. It is not going to change anything that happened or the future either. The most important thing is to get secrets that involve them personally out in the open when the time is right I guess.

I do have a lot of drama during my university days. But I doubt those involved will care about what actually happened or the real feelings behind everyone's fake smiles now that we are all past that point. It simply does not matter anymore. I don't think anyone will have any regrets about it except for the fact that it was a secret. Sometimes I do find myself thinking what would have happened if the truth was let out instead. But life is always a one way road and the decisions we made will stay with us forever whether we like it or not. The funny thing about secrets is that one would often lead to another simply because we want to keep it a secret in the first place. There are times when the secret is found out and it was categorized as an elaborate lie instead. I guess that is true because we are hiding the truth or at least evading it.

It was fun talking about secrets that you share with people after all this time though. It is great conversation material and also it makes you think about all the stupid stuff you did for the secret. Well perhaps only what I did was stupid. You do feel relieved when another person shares the secret though I don't really know why. Logically, having another person know the truth will double the chance of it getting found out because you can't really control that person. Maybe you feel that you can share the burden and another person acknowledges the truth. Usually that person is very important to you and you do not want the person to be one of those that misunderstand you for the secret. Sometimes it is because the person has useful information and secrets are traded. Such is how our world works nowadays. Anyway it is getting late and I think I should stop now. I have been cutting my posts from the standard 5 paragraphs nowadays. Hope I can still keep this up for a while longer. Take care and enjoy Wednesday!!!

No comments: