Monday, February 13, 2012

Time and me

Sometimes I wonder, if I write down everything now, what will I write the next year around the same time? Of course I wish for things to change but what if they do not? Maybe I will stop writing before then. But I guess for now, I need the mental exercise. Physically I am more or less broken. Well the things people do for a better appearance. I can't use health as an excuse anymore. I dare say my health is already better than most and if I keep this routine I should be okay. However, I still push myself to do more, to strain my body and to increase my strength. Perhaps it is just a target for me to achieve. It is free after all and I can see results the harder I work for it. It is nice compared with working for things we can't change or control. Well us humans typically have low attention span and is generally interested in things that respond quickly. This is one of my longest projects and I think it is actually a lifelong commitment.

Told you I got a weird gift of twisting the conversation to fit my topic. Naturally another lifelong commitment will be love. And time will test how strong the love is. A quick question, how many people do you know that took a day off tomorrow to celebrate Valentine's Day? From that amount of people, how many are celebrating it the first time throughout their relationship? I guess you can see the pattern I am trying to point out. As relationships mature, sometimes the spark dies out. I know a lot of people mentioned this before but it is true to a certain degree. People tend to take things for granted when they know they already 'got' it. I am not asking females to constantly keep their male partners guessing if they are committed but most of the time, males are to blame anyway. It is not good to always act 'cute' or demand attention when you are breaking 30 years old either. We must mature and improve ourselves together with the relationship.

Imagine this, you go out with your partner for a simple dinner, spending time conversing and having a good laugh. Then you whisk her away for a short trip to a nice quiet spot. Works better if you are riding a motorcycle or a convertible heading to the beach. But most probably it will be crowded now. So maybe to the park near her house? I hope the crime rate there is not high. Continue the chat as you walk around the cold windy night and maybe have some fun on the see-saw or the swing. End it while sitting on the bench, a slight peck on the cheek and wishing her 'Happy Valentine's Day'. Though usually reality always have a way to spoil things, it would be really nice if everything played out accordingly. Quiet, simple and I think quite a sweet gesture to tell her 'I still cherish you'. But most probably this will not work on a materialistic girl. Creative people improvise. Get her a necklace and help her wear it after the peck. What about next year? I will think about it next year.

Anyway, I don't think Valentine's Day is supposed to be worth only a dinner because well it is the entire day. However, what do I know right? I have never spent Valentine's Day with a partner before so I won't understand how hard is it to come up with something for the next five to ten years. I started coming up with all these after watching some romantic comedies and stuff. Anyway it is 5 minutes to midnight and I guess most if not all have their phones ready. Please for the love of humanity call to wish your partner. Unless you are thirteen years old, texting means insincerity. To those attached, congrats and good luck. To those still looking, stay strong. I sincerely wish that everyone I know will have a Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments: