Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Well I guess things should take a chronological order today. First of all, nothing good happened. Well being safe and normal is good enough I guess. The day started normally except that I was really hurting from 4 days straight of exercise. I tried to do some stretching but some of my joints are really painful. Anyway I got to the office nevertheless and went on as usual. Found some new songs in Youtube and listened to some old ones. I really respect the creativity of song and music composers. They can deliver wonderful music to pair with meaningful lyrics. Some of them really got to me and I really enjoy listening to them over and over again. Even though I tend to feel my heart squeeze going through the lyrics but somehow it feels comfortable and familiar. I do wonder how come only some of us can actually convey our feelings via music. I can't even come up with an original tune which is kinda sad because I think this is what people call the insurmountable wall of talent.

Well the day pass by rather quickly considering there is music and there is work. However I was quite close to meeting an accident today. I guess I really am lucky. As the light turned green and the rest of the traffic started moving, I wasn't really my usual self and was rather slow in the acceleration. Maybe because this is not my first time witnessing cars still blazing through red traffic lights. In the end I guess this saved my life. Sure enough a car dashed through and I bet it couldn't have stopped in time especially when the road is still wet after the rain. Speaking of the rain, due to my body's current condition I decided to give it a rest today. I still can make it for a run but I think I shouldn't push that hard. Nowadays whenever I feel down, I just want to exercise harder. I tend to feel peaceful after that. Sounds like misery is my motivation. Distractions are only temporary in the end.

Dinner time came and spotted some couples at the coffee shop. One of the females are really pretty and I think she overdressed for black pepper chicken rice though. Maybe they have further plans later. After the meal, I tend to hang out at the cybercafe for a bit before heading back home. Again I saw couples but seems so wrong to be spending such a day idling in front of a computer together. And again, maybe they are just passing time. Back home, I managed to secure the TV since the houseowner seems to be working today. As expected, even the Korean channel is showing a Valentine's Day special. It was kind of thought-provoking but the better show only comes afterwards. Variety shows never cease to make me laugh. Their MCs have a natural talent to make anything funny and also come up with awesome one-liners. Some of them are not awarded the title of 'National MC' for nothing.

Anyway that is how my day played out. Pretty normal if you ask me. How nice it would be to actually have someone to spend it with. I think even drinking with another dude wouldn't be so bad. But there are only a few people that would actually convince me to choose them instead of staying at home and laughing at Korean shows. I am too afraid to make the mistake of committing my time to people I am not that close with. In the end, I will just get irritated during the session and it might not end well. You know the feeling when you realized you prefer to be somewhere else. Perhaps I am too much a coward for falling in love too. It requires great bravery to actually fall in love and trust another person with your hopes, feelings and the future. Anyway, again I was reminded that this kind of stuff cannot be rushed. Weirder things have happened before so the possibility is always there. Take care everyone and enjoy Wednesday!!

No comments: