Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rest and me

Not really in the mood to write a lot now. Nothing really bad happened but nothing good either. Today spent quite a lot of money on food alone. Though as my mum used to say, money spent on good food is money well spent. Well it was delicious but I do not know if it will spoil my dieting efforts or not. Getting straight to the point, I speak about rest because today is my second straight day without exercise. I skipped badminton due to the insane jam brought on by the heavy rain around evening. I am due for a resting week but that actually starts middle of next week. But surprisingly, I do not think my body is ready for badminton either. Perhaps the damage was pretty severe or my dieting is actually hindering recovery. However, my dieting thus far only consists of having a smaller portion at the expense of carbohydrates. I guess it is very vital that I find a reliable source of protein outside of a meal instead of chocolate milk or fibre biscuits all the time.

Rest is actually something that everyone likes. Rest may be synonymous with holidays for a lot of people. The amount of pressure and burden on your physical and mental limits decreases and you recover feeling refreshed. But there are many cases where holidays are more hectic due to circumstances. Everyday we also rest on a smaller scale by sleeping. Nowadays I tend to only sleep for 6-7 hours daily and I have no idea if it is really enough. My mind and body still pulls through as usual but post-lunch drowsiness is still common depending on what I had. For many people, sleep is something akin to a reset button where we regain our rational and emotional composure. Some people sleep to forget painful events that happened knowing for sure that tomorrow will come and the day has passed. This method is not that useful for deep-rooted or reoccurring problems but it does provide some breathing room.

I guess I am simply babbling about some random topic now. One of my off days I reckon. It is not fair to say I have lost my interest in writing daily posts so quickly even though I have managed to do it except during Chinese New Year. There are days when I am just so excited to share my thoughts but then there are days such as today. Maybe I just need a rest once in a while. Nevertheless, I will keep on trying my best to come up with good reading material and food for thought. Rest is important in whatever we do. Simply charging head strong may not get you anywhere. Why not try sitting down, rest to regain focus and try to see things from a different perspective? Oftentimes we are so caught up in our own momentum that we tend to miss out some important details. Not everyone have a helpful friend to point things out for you every now and then.

I find myself always grumpy with a heavy heart. Maybe I am just frequently hungry and tired due to my workout efforts. Perhaps it is actually harming me more and I should give it a rest. Maybe what I have been doing so far is harmful because it keeps on reminding me of what I lack and what I want. It is not as serious as feeling helpless but the constant feeling of longing and emptiness at times. This is the hazard of being motivated by negativity as it might grow to become uncontrollable and eventually overcomes me. Honestly, I think it is a double-edged sword. I do believe it inspired me to make some important choices. I bet if I had a hot chick by my side, I won't even bother working out. For now though, I guess I should keep going and see how things turn out. It is about time I go to sleep and see what tomorrow has in store for me. Take care and enjoy Thursday!!

No comments: