Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Personas and me

Once again I am touched by how strong a person can be and how cruel reality can be. Most of us want nothing more than to enjoy our short lives. What does a person need to do to warrant such a punishment? How strong must a person be to withstand it then? I don't know if I could even last that long. It was really an eye opener to see such a cheerful person concealing so much that we are not aware of. I must be pretty much selfish and useless to be complaining about my life then. I will work harder to be at least half as strong as you. Truly, that was really one of the few moments ever which could even bring me close to shedding a tear. I graduated from tearful Hong Kong dramas a few years ago and I thought I could handle almost everything now. I do have a rather emotional or sentimental side to myself but I don't get there usually with dramas. Maybe because I know it is fake and it is all scripted by people who brainstorm about how to make a story more tragic. Maybe what I saw was fake, I may never know. But my renewed motivation is real.

Onwards to my topic, it is about the multiple personas that everyone has. I don't think anyone is ever one-dimensional or is honest with everybody. The kind person may hide a spiteful persona underneath or the rude person may actually have another side to him/her. That kind of thing. I personally hide many different personas. The usual me has a limited sense of humour, indifferent to pretty much everything and tend to lose focus easily. Limited because I can honestly say, not all jokes sit well with me. Some people say I hide a calculative nature. Some people dislike me being such a 'fake' person. This was actually addressed by a comedian from a show I watched. He mentioned that if he were to complain about life, people would ask 'how can he still laugh like that?' and label him as a fake. If I am sad, must I cry in front of everyone? Would you do that? Even females try their best to smile should the need arises.

That is a very inaccurate accusation to me. But anyway, think what you will. As long as the people important to me know me well, I have no issues. And 'hide' is not exactly something I do. It is simply you do not care that much about me to understand the way I am. Nobody can hide their true nature for long periods of time without feeling tired or frustrated. I am too lazy to bother. Speaking of that, I do hide some of my comments in Facebook for fear of negative reaction from parties involved. Some people say it is a cowardly thing to hurl insults or accusations over Facebook. I think so too but that person is not in front of me now or it is simply stupid to invite trouble. And it feels good to voice out your dissatisfaction occasionally. I have a lot so I need to blog. Recently I created an account in another social media website and it is seriously fun. I am randomly adding people I do not know, simply spewing whatever I honestly feel like at the moment and to hell with privacy settings. The six degrees of separation have nothing on me when that website is not even natively English.

Don't you feel frustrated when you need to watch what you say in Facebook? I know people that do not care. It is admirable to a certain extent but it is not exactly that practical. Not everyone is as mature, sincere, or considerate as you. So whatever you say may cause unforeseen circumstances. And thus I dare say everyone has their Facebook persona. They behave differently on Facebook. Some become very polite or knowledgeable to display a different image or simply to impress their contacts on Facebook. Some become brave due to the anonymity of privacy settings or a secondary account and unleash all their pent up frustrations. It is simply human nature to have different ways of approaching different situations. Even if you are cheerful by nature, you should be angry when people hit you or something. I guess I have written enough for today. Take care and enjoy Wednesday!!!

No comments: